Saturday, February 07, 2004

A Beginning

Yes, its true, I've decided to keep a Blog after swearing never to start.

Why? There are many reasons one might keep a blog. I may not be able to tell you why I'm keeping this blog, but I can tell you why I'm not. You can take it as you will. This is not a personal journal to pour out my deep personal hardships and issues for all to see. I have no need to broadcast my life world-wide. If one reading this actually cares for my personal life they ought to ask me personally. Nor is this a space where goofy and entertaining stories and pictures can be observed purely for amusement's sake. The net's got enough of that as is and I don't need to go adding more to it. If anything, this is realistic window into my developing world for anyone who is interested to peek in.

What do I mean by developing world?

I'm at a crossroads in my life after all: the middle of my junior year in college. In the upper-class realms of undergraduate life, one naturally looks to gain better understanding and deeper insight into their own world and the world around them. One knows that in a little over a year, they'll be thrusted out of the bubble that is college and into the world where seemingly anything goes. Such can be both exciting and scary.

But ultimately, I don't believe that anything goes. I believe there is actually a universal, concrete Truth in this world that anchors what goes and what doesn't. This Truth touches every political, social, and cultural category in existence yet also manages to pass beyond them all. This Truth permeates deep in my own spirit and out into every relationship, activity, and thought I engage in.

This blog is my attempt to Work Out the world around me as based on this Truth. It will touch the political, social, and cultural categories that most effect my life and possibly go beyond them. It is my attempt to Work In my spirit as based on this Truth. It will encompass my relationships, activities, and thoughts in a hope to guide me to a more concrete understanding of where I will be and where I will be going come the end of my college career and beyond. This blog will be my attempt to learn to Speak the Truth in Love to anyone who happens to know me or read this. This blog is the story of my developing world.

Welcome to My Blog. This is an invitation for all to look through this digital window and observe where I am as I am. If anything you see and read brings you to ponder or question your own developing world, I encourage you to reach through the window and communicate with me. Chances are what you see in what I write is probably different then what I see. The beauty of a blog is the interaction it is capable of developing and maintaing world wide. So challenge me, question me, work with me. In the process I'll work with you and hopefully by the end we'll all be a few steps closer to the Truth.

Ha, How's that for an introduction? =)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home