Friday, October 22, 2004

Bridge

I wrote the following for a drama that was performed in chapel several weeks ago. I feel it sums up pretty nicely where I am coming from and where I would like to be.. .

"And while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us,
To bridge and redeem what sin had spoiled and killed.

And while we were redeemed, we divided ourselves,
Over class and riches, doctrines and race.

And while we were divided, He loved us still,
Calling his children to repent and stay near.

And while He loved us, we ran farther away
Not only from Him but from everyone here

And while we are running, the chasms grow large,
It seems we’ve forgotten the way of the cross

Because when our Lord died to show us the way
He didn’t just do it for souls to be saved

He did it to bridge the rich and the poor
To bring his loving justice to those who need.

He did it to bridge the differences owned
To bring unity out of these pains that we see

He did it to bridge the old and the new
To show His love is redeeming things still

He did it to bridge the strong and the weak
So that all may look upon Him in glory and see

And so even now,

While we are still sinners,

Christ dies for us,

To bridge and redeem this creation He loves"

Current state of spirit: irritated Not to say I'm not thankful. When I step back and look at every blessing laid before my door I feel bad that I'm in such an irritated mood. Something coming out of being tired. The irritation must be coming from something else.. .

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home