Tuesday, December 28, 2004

Live with me

Blogging makes writers out of all of us. I've noticed that when one blogs, they will automatically consider what it means to express themselves honestly while also considering the audience who will read it. Before I started writing this afternoon, I read some blog entries that spoke Truth to me. They were honest and sincere, each alive with their own style that reflected the character of the author. The entries left an impression on me.

I'm looking for people to make good impressions on me that show their genuine presence.

"Writing is both hard labor and one of the most pleasant forms that fanaticism can take. I take infinite care in how a sentence sounds to me."
- Pat Conroy

But I can never get it just right, not to me
And if I can never get it just right, I never want to let it out
If it never comes out, it'll just sit.. .

Sadly, that's usually the way it is for me. I'm not just talking about writing, I'm talking about all of me. How am I ever to make the types of impressions I long for? How am I ever to truly share my voice?

"From the very beginning, I wrote to explain my own life to myself, and I invited any readers who chose to make the journey with me to join me on the high wire."
- Pat Conroy

And so I write with no intentions, or rather, too many intentions to express. It always seems to start this way. All my life is a struggle to get out of myself. I am an introvert by nature. I dwell and pine in my own abstractions as I struggle to define or trascend the realities of my everyday life. I'm tired of hearing my own voice. The story of me needs to have new pages written in a new style. If I keep writing by myself I'll just end up going in circles. I don't quite know how to ask, but would you please help me? I want to come out of myself, the dark place I hide and call comfortable when it is really nothing but a rat infested dungeon.

No, I'm not talking about writing anymore. I'm talking about living. I live alone. I think lots of people live alone without ever really engaging in the genuine presence of others, never hearing the geunine voices each person has to offer.

Live with me, I'm trying.

Your voice is so valuable to me.. . let me follow it out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home